Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ready to race!

I miss racing.  SO much.  A year ago, I couldn't have dreamed of completing a half marathon and now I feel empty after just a few months off.  The great news is that I'm less than three weeks away from my next half in Virginia Beach!  I've been looking forward to this race for a long time.  My dad ran it while I was in high school (before he had knee surgery that stopped him from running long distances) and I had the chance to volunteer at the finish line.  Handing out bottles of water to these great athletes was so inspiring, but I couldn't imagine being able to run a half marathon then (even though I was running cross country!)  Now I'm racing and feeling better than I've felt in years, if not ever. 

I have had a lot of exciting news lately, but let me start with this: we have raised over $14,500!!  I just can't even begin to tell you how happy this makes me.  I have the best team and friends that anyone could ask for.  And it's not just the donations.  The number of people who have shared the blog link, or voted for me in various competitions, or just asked about the Challenge all the time have made this such a great experience.  I'm truly at a loss for words to describe how appreciative I am for everyone who has donated and supported us. 

This year has been a tough time for my mom and she has tackled it like a champ.  I couldn't be more proud of her or have a better role model.  I pass along all comments, all donations, all good news to her and I know how much it lifts her spirits.  The battle is much less difficult when you have a team of people supporting you the whole way.  So thank you to everyone who has made this possible and here's to the next few months of finishing strong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment