Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Kristen!

Today is Kristen's birthday.  So first off, happy birthday Kristen!  Second, I want to take a second to thank her for all that she does to keep this Challenge going.  Though this blog is really my pet project (at least so far - who knows when I'll start bringing in some guest blog posts), a lot of other aspects of the Challenge are thanks to Kristen.  She keeps the Facebook page up and running and she often tweets about what's going on.  She designs big cards and business cards and gets them all ready to go for my events.  She helps keep me on top of things when I start to get overwhelmed by the races and well...life. 

Since many of you hear all of my thoughts on the blog, I thought this would be a good time to say just how much she does to make this Challenge a success.  When I started this Challenge, I had it all wrong.  I thought running 12 half marathons would be a huge challenge.  Nope, that's the easy part.  Keeping up with all the emails and conversations, getting materials ready so that we can spread the word, planning races, acknowledging and thanking our wonderful donors, trying to find new donors and sponsors - that stuff is really challenging.  And Kristen has gone above and beyond to help with all of that.  I wouldn't trade this experience for the world, but I don't know how much I could have accomplished without such great support.  Kristen has been integral to the success of this project, and I think our donation page proves how much we have accomplished in such a short time. 

I simply couldn't do it without you Kristen.  Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment