Monday, June 6, 2011

Race #8 and Conference Update

This is just a very quick update to let you know that the last two days have been a total whirlwind and absolutely amazing.  My day yesterday started at 3:45 AM so that I could go run half marathon #8 for the Challenge and be there with my sister as she crossed the finish for her first ever half marathon.  What a huge victory and success!

After that, I had a few hours to eat and get ready for the National Volunteer Leadership Conference (NVLC) for NPF.  I went to a few events as part of the conference last night, and was there from 8:30 AM to about 9:30 PM today meeting people, learning to be a better advocate, hearing about research progress, enjoying dinner with Northeast Region friends, and so much more.  I can't wait to share more details about this with you guys, but right now, it's getting close to midnight and I have to be up bright and early tomorrow.

Why is tomorrow an early day?  We will be heading to Capitol Hill for Capitol Hill Day, where we meet with congressional staffers to  share our psoriasis story and push for a few key initiatives.  The people I met today were beyond inspirational and showed me why I'm working so hard to raise money for NPF.  I am so glad I was able to take part in all of this, and to everyone I met today thank you for welcoming me.  I hope some of you are now reading the blog, and hope you'll decide to follow this journey along with me.  We're not only fighting for my mom, but for all of you who touched me so deeply.  For now, I'm focusing on my trip to Capitol Hill tomorrow and will then try to get blog updates for all of these great event.  Get excited, lots of great things to read about soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment